Sunday, April 4, 2010

FREE goat cheese

I love this freebie, because for once it's one I don't have to share it with everyone.

Join the Chavrie "Love of Goat Cheese Club" here and you can sign up to get a coupon for a free block of fresh goat cheese. The coupon should arrive in the mail in six to eight weeks.

I love goat cheese. But it's an acquired taste, and only some of the kids like it. I crumble it up and put an ounce in my soup (my favorite: any of the Progressive tomato or vegetable varieties). Or I also like to make this salad with it:

Romaine heart, cut into bite size pieces
Crumbled goat cheese
Sliced or chopped almonds (regular, or my favorite are roasted and salted)
Pear, diced
Raisins
Home-made croutons (optional)
Real maple syrup
Lime juice
Extra virgin olive oil
In a salad bowl, combine in layers romaine, cheese, nuts, fruit and raisins. Drizzle over 1-2 T maple syrup, 1 1/2 tsp-1 T lime juice, 1-2 T olive oil (see note). Just before serving, scatter top with croutons (if using).
Note: You don't want to taste the maple syrup, but you want a hint of sweetness. So I usually start with the lower amount of each of the dressing components, and add to it until the flavor is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment