Saturday, February 6, 2010

Superbowl Sunday

Looking for a cheap meal for gametime Sunday??

I often see sausages like these bratwurst or ring kielbasa on sale for $1.99 to $2.99 a package (regular price $5+), and when I do (like yesterday at my local Giant Foods) I pick a few up.

And if you live in Giant country (Maryland, Delaware, Virginia and D.C.), use this coupon (expiration: Feb. 20) to save an additional $2 on your next $5 in meat purchases.

Here's the way I plan to use my sausages for a Superbowl Sunday gameday meal (serves 8 to 10).
Total cost per serving: $1.

1 package bratwurst (cut into bite size pieces)
1 package kielbasa (cut into bite size pieces)
1-2 sweet onions (cut into large dice)
2 1/2 lbs. white potatoes (cut into bite size pieces)
Olive oil
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 400 F.

Coat a large baking dish with cooking spray. Place onion and potato in baking dish. Add enough olive oil to lightly coat, about 1 to 2 T. Toss to coat. Add sausage, mix to combine. Bake until sausage cooked and vegetables soft, about an hour, stirring every 20 to 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment