Wednesday, March 31, 2010

FREE pass!!

I don't know about you, but with seven kids, I'm always looking for new and different things to do with them. And, with seven kids, cost is a consideration.

As a mom, I love it when I can get them away from the screens in their lives (computer, TV, wii, you name it) and get them outdoors. Which is why I love this freebie: National Park Week.

April 17th through the 25th all of the country's 392 parks are offering free admission. For the parks that charge admission, that can save you $20 to $25 per vehicle (or $10 to $12 per individual).

In addition, Saturday April 24 is National Junior Ranger Day. Get more information on that here.

And mark your calendar. The parks will be offering two more fee-free days this year: Public Lands Day on Sept. 25 and Veterans Day on Nov. 11.

You can find out more about the week, and locate parks close to you, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment