Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mmmmmake your own peanut clusters -- $2.25 in coupons and a recipe

Just an hour or so ago, my fiance and I were enjoying some chocolate peanut clusters he brought home from Food Lion, and I was thinking aloud that this was a candy I could make at home, and they would be even better

Then I sat down at my computer and discovered that the folks over at the Mr. Peanut fan page on Facebook (here) are offering a $1.50 coupon to their fans (expires 4/18/10).

I also found a coupon for 75 cents off one package of Nestle Toll House morsels here.

Here's how I plan to make them:
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups salted Spanish peanuts
Line a baking pan with parchment or foil sprayed with baking spray. Melt chips in the top of a double boiler on the stove. When smooth, add peanuts and stir to combine. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture on the prepared baking pan and set aside in a cool place (or the refrigerator) to harden. Store in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment